Over $10,000 in cash and prizes, with a Best Overall Grand Prize of $5,000
BZ Media LLC announced today its second annual Film Festival at InterDrone™ The International Drone Conference & Exposition being held September 7-9 at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. The event and announcement of winners in 6 categories (Natural Wonders, Cityscapes and Architecture, Action/Extreme Sports, Music Videos, Short Story, and Reel) will take place on the evening of Wednesday, September 7.
Ten judges will use their expertise to in aerial cinematography to determine the best videos captured by a drone. David and Sarah Oneal from That Drone Show and world famous hypnotist and drone enthusiast Anthony Cools will again host the Film Festival reception and give out the awards.
This year’s judges are:
- N.J. Burkett, Correspondent, WABC-TV Eyewitness News
- Eric Dupin, Founder, Dronestagram
- Romeo Durscher, Director of Education, DJI
- Jeff Foster, Author, Producer and Trainer, PixelPainter
- Craig Glover, Marketing Director, Ehang
- Bob Gonsalves, President and CEO, U.S. Association of Unmanned Aerial Videographers
- Colin Guinn, Chief Revenue Officer, 3DR
- Treggon Owens, CEO, Aerial MOB
- David and Sarah Oneal, Founders, That Drone Show
- Robert Rodriguez, Founder, Society of Aerial Cinematography
The festival includes a People’s Choice Award and an overall Best in Show, which carries a Grand Prize of $5,000. Winners in each category will receive $500 and a free All-Access Pass to InterDrone. Runner-Ups in each category receive $200 and a free All-Access Pass to InterDrone. Finalists get a free pass to the Film Festival Reception and Expo Hall and a 30% discount on the All-Access Conference Pass.
Submissions are just $10 each and hosted on Film Freeway, with a deadline of Friday, July 15. All entries must be 3 minutes or less in length and must be filmed with a drone in order to qualify. Last year more than 300 submissions from 26 countries were received and over 400 submissions are expected this year.
InterDrone is the world’s largest event dedicated to commercial drones and expects to host 4,000+ commercial drone buyers and flyers who will learn at more than 120 sessions. More than 135 exhibitors will be showing the latest drones and related technology in the expo hall.
ABOUT BZ MEDIA
Martin Levy Public Relations, Inc.